It’s Monday and also quite likely that no one is functioning very well yet. So if you can just mix two things in a saucepan, you can make this fudge and that should be a pretty good way of waking up.
You guys, this is like Milky Bar got a makeover. And it’s very very good!
Literally two ingredients, white chocolate and condensed milk, with whatever add ins you like. Though the tartness of cranberries was basically made for the sweetness of everything else, so I highly recommend adding those. This fudge is definitely far sweeter than anything I’d normally eat, but it’s a great thing to have on hand when you want just a tiny tiny pick-me-up.
I made a very small batch because I only had a little white chocolate and honestly, having a giant amount of fudge lying around the house is just not smart. So a mini-loaf tin is the perfect amount to get about 8 pieces that you can keep in the fridge and it lasts a while. The condensed milk and chocolate combination together is the quickest way to make fudge and while it’s definitely sweet, a little bit of salt and the sour cranberries balance everything out quite nicely.
I found that the fudge tastes the best after about one day in the fridge, when it gets a chance to really firm up and set. These photos were taken just a couple of hours after chilling, so the whole thing began softening pretty quick. So for an unforgiving summer, definitely test your patience a little and let the fudge get nice and cold! It’s chewy and fudgy and just really good!
- 130 gms white chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract/vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and condensed milk on low heat until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt, then the dried cranberries.
- Line a 6x4 inch loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in. Smoothen the top, sprinkle on more cranberries if desired and refrigerate till firm, preferably overnight.
- Slice and store in an airtight tin in the refrigerator. Happy munching!