This post is dedicated to long-distance baking love. In Delhi, my mom and my sister baked a yummy lemon yoghurt cake and sent me photos and the recipe to share on my blog 🙂
We don’t get self-raising flour easily in India, so using regular flour is a bit of a compromise. Though I’m told the cake turned out deliciously lemony so no harm done 🙂 I’m going to try this soon! It looks super easy!
What you’ll need:
1 cup yoghurt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 and 1/4 cups self-raising flour (or regular flour with 2 flat tsps of baking powder)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsps grated lemon rind
1/3 cup lemon juice (use lesser for small Indian limes)
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a large baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the beaten eggs and sugar.
2. Add the lemon rind and oil and mix well.
3. Add the flour and yoghurt and mix again. Then add the lemon juice.
4. Bake for one hour till the cake is golden-brown on the top.
5. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar 🙂